SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
Available graphomate products for SAP Analytics Cloud
SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) is a Software-as-a-Service-Platform (SaaS-Platform) for SAP’s Business Intelligence (BI). SAP Analytics Cloud was developed to combine all analysis functions like ad-hoc analysis / self-service, dashboarding and planning within one product for all users.
SAP provides this platform as a public cloud platform, independent from other SAP tools. SAC is able to compete next to Power BI and Tableau.
During the last few years, SAP has concentrated on introducing cloud solutions to its customers who, however, favour on-premise infrastructure. In order to satisfy clients, investments will therefore continue for on-premise infrastructure like BusinessObjects. As a result, SAP is aiming for a hybrid scenario, meaning there will be a combined use of on-premise and cloud software.
graphomate extensions in SAC Analytics Designer
SAP Analytics Cloud is built natively on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) and enables data analysts and decision makers to visualise, plan and make forecasts in a secure, cloud-based environment. This distinguishes the SAC from other BI platforms. The data connection and preparation as well as their evaluation are now carried out in one tool; jumping between different tools is no longer necessary. Access to the most important functions is provided via a uniform and easy to use interface with a modern design.
With the SAC, many diverse data sources can be connected. A rough distinction can be made between SAP and non-SAP sources and between cloud and on-premise sources. In addition, so-called Live Connections and Import Data Sources must be distinguished. With the latter, data is replicated in the cloud, which is not necessary with a live connection. Please note that depending on the data source, a different feature set is available for processing in the SAC. Detailed information can be found in the SAP release notes of the SAC.
Features and benefits of the SAP Analytics Cloud:
- tool for analysis, planning and application design via a uniform cloud interface
- access to on-premise and cloud data: real-time access to SAP applications such as HANA and non-SAP applications for on-premise and cloud sites
- data analysis possible without data upload to the cloud via reverse proxy connections
- integration of the SAC in Excel via an add-in for Microsoft Office: This includes read and write functions for users who wish to import data and work in their familiar Excel environment
- embedded predictive analytics allow users to access analysis functions such as what-if and ad-hoc analyses (Smart Insights)
- access to SAP S/4HANA: transactions, analyses and planning are combined in one application
- a powerful software development kit enables the integration of standard custom widgets, like the graphomate extensions, but also individual developments on customer request – Please feel free to contact us!
Conclusion: With the SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP has developed a comprehensive analytics platform for the cloud over the last four years, which is also aimed at non-SAP users.