What is Xcelsius?
Xcelsius is visualization software. With Xcelsius you can create dashboards, presentations and either scenario or what-if analyses very easily:
- A dashboard is an ensemble of charts which provides decision-makers with a quick overview of their company´s business activities and which is accessed via an interactive Web interface, for example a portal,
- a presentation consists of two to four charts per slide and exported to PowerPoint with a mouse click,
- via scenario analyses you can change your database dynamically and track the effects directly in the model - even in PowerPoint!
Xcelsius builds upon the data of an embedded Excel table, which greatly simplifies the use for many controllers and persons who work with figures because they work in their accustomed environment and are able to apply their know-how. Xcelsius can, however, also access central databases. An SAP environment is not required to use Xcelsius.
You will find examples for presentations, dashboards and scenario analyses created with our add-ons here.
Test the capabilities of Xcelsius with our free add-on, which you can receive here.
Create once, use everywhere!
Xcelsius is very easy to use and does not require any programming skills. In addition to the close linking with data from Microsoft Excel, the numerous export options of Xcelsius are particularly worth mentioning. Xcelsius dashboards and presentations can be exported to and run in various media: in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, in Web portals or even in PDF documents.
The new names for Xcelsius
In May of 2010 the names of the editions of Xcelsius were changed:
- Xcelsius Present is now called SAP Crystal Presentation Design
- Xcelsius Engage is now called SAP Crystal Dashboard Design
- Xcelsius Enterprise is now called SAP BO Dashboards
You can find out more about the differences between the editions here .
Own add-on developments for Xcelsius
Xcelsius offers a wide range of visualization components. In addition, it is possible to develop own components, so-called add-ons. These add-ons can be easily integrated into Xcelsius with just a few mouse clicks. Once they are installed, you can use the components of an add-on like you would the standard components of Xcelsius. Our graphomate add-ons illustrate the SUCCESS Rules of Hichert+Partner AG in Xcelsius.